Sponsor

Sunday 28 October 2007

Real Taste

Exercise: Resting
Food: None

Am doing a water fast today. Noticed some toothache yesterday, so hoping as my body rests it will be able to focus on helping that heal, remineralise etc.

While we are on the subject of fasting, I've observed when I was eating high raw but significant cooked vegan too, that whenever I broke the fast the only thing that actually tasted like it did 'in my head' was raw fruit and veg. You know how you begin to anticipate breaking it with the food of your choice, well this once I had sourdough bread and houmous. And no lie the houmous that always tasted great, just seemed sooo salty, and the bread like cardboard, even though normally I would have found it delicious. Even if you are eating cooked, I would not recommend breaking a fast with cooked food. On the other hand one time I just cut up a fresh pear and it was even better than I imagined it would be, absolutely stunning.

Your body talks, learn the language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love, LOVE your blog! You're SO right about the fast breaking. Yum! Pears!

If you'd ever like to have some fun, we'd love to have you join us for our Free 7 Day Diva Detox. It would be a cakewalk for you, but might be a nice change of pace and you might even learn a little tip or two. Anyway, keep up the great work, and thank you for sharing your journey on your blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...