Sponsor

Sunday 21 October 2007

Timbuktu

Exercise: Run
Food: Mango and spinach green pudding (blended with no added water), looks funky but tastes yum, big green salad with some deliciously sweet vine tomatoes and Hass avocado, 6 bananas, some dates and a small packet of almonds. Even though it's late I really fancy some fresh pineapple juice so will be having some later.

My run was so enjoyable today on every level. I went at a good steady pace, you know just right, so flow kicked in very quickly. There was a nip in the air, but the sun was shining and warm in places, golden brown leaves littered the roads, and there weren't many people around it being a Sunday. I now actually yearn to be out in the fresh air which is simply phenomenal as I would never have considered myself an outdoors person before, though I have always loved London's parks. I guess it is now a matter of priorities. I need to spend time outside everyday now. Even when it's raining I notice that I'm really not that fussed whereas before I most certainly would be.

I was flicking through Matt Amsden's RawVolution this afternoon. It really is a beautiful book, (you've probably gathered I'm an aesthete). I smiled to myself as I read the introduction, it revealed Matt had found out about raw foods by listening in to Howard Stern on the radio. I love it, something just comes from left field. And I bet he never dreamed he would be developing a gorgeous raw recipe book even a couple of days before hearing that broadcast. I love that so much, that a by choosing the right thing at a critical moment, it seems the whole course of your life has changed..for much much much better. That's adventure.

If anyone had told me five years ago that I would become a vegan, never mind a raw one, I would have laughed them to Timbuktu and back. Love it. Love it. Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaynie,

I'm glad you're enjoying the book. You're so right; we never know whatlife has in store for us.
All the best to you!
-Matt Amsden, RAWvolution

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...