Sponsor

Saturday 27 October 2007

Winter of Content

Exercise: Run
Food: Dates, banana and mango pudding, handful of almonds, edamame, picked at bits of my sister's salad from Wholefoods - beetroot, carrot, sesame seeds, mushrooms, greens.. pineapple, lime and apple juice. A little lime goes a long way, it really 'cuts' the sweetness of the pineapple.

It is officially winter time as the clocks have now gone back, and I get an extra hour in bed if I so choose. It will be interesting to see how the raw dynamics play out. People do ask how they can keep warm. I understand that could be a real concern when facing bitter winters. But in London even though we may think otherwise, our winters are nothing compared to Scandinavia, Canada etc.

And if we can keep our environment warm that will help no end i.e. good heating systems. There is definitely a natural tendency to hibernate, draw down and become cosy. Hence porridge, which was one of my favourite foods ever. And that's what I believe is the crux of that matter, we really want cosy bulky food to accompany the season. I'll probably be having a lot of fruit puddings and fleshing out my salads with more avocado and raw hummus (I noticed there is a courgette one in RAWvolution), and probably looking for more variety. I don't think I'll go the mega nut route, consuming vast quantities that is, because I simply don't feel my best and don't want to grind to a halt. Maybe nut milk and see the effects. Anyway I will be striving for excellence (the best I can do at any given time) and not perfection. To that effect I'm sure rooibos tea will be featuring more.

Excellence enthuses, perfection stresses.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...