Sponsor

Monday 3 December 2007

What Exactly Are You Trying To Say?

Exercise: Push ups and leg stuff
Food: 5 small bananas and green smoothie (banana, mango spinach and a little shredded coconut), 1 apple (jazz variety it was rather big, and wished I hadn't started eating it, but ate it all anyway, around 4pm had salad of baby spinach, rocket and watercress with pomodorino tomatoes, cucumber and avocado (no dressing) simply scrumpslicious (yes just made up that word), Later at home around 7.30pm had started thawing a green smoothie, but it wasn't quite there so scooped off the top, green smoothie ice-cream!!! And for the life of me I can't remember what I put in it. I froze it in a hurry on the day I flew to New York. Also had a few Lara bars. Actually had one too many, but pleasantly full not painfully full. What lovely food I get to eat!! And I move around a lot I run up and down the stairs all day. Regularly going up three fights of stairs to use the loo (when there is one on my own floor) just for the fun of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7124501.stm

Read this today at work. This is not the first time I've read about acrylamide. But what really struck me was how confusing the article was. First of all you're told eating fried, grilled and roasted food could harm you. Then it says but don't panic? then it says it's virtually impossible to eliminate these from the diet (well that is not a fact, whether we want to or not is another matter), then you have some other experts saying food should not be 'over-cooked'?? How helpful is that advice? Then a glimmer of hope with some other advice to try and eat a balanced diet with lots of fruit and vegetables. But what is balanced? It's presented in a rather confused fashion, do you think the majority of readers will be helped by this to take action in any way?

I didn't get much sleep last night as I had a CD playing (deliberately) but it was too loud but not so loud as to get me out of bed so I suspect I didn't get any deep sleep. I woke up feeling a bit rough but as the day wore on I just got more alert and right now feel very energised, and wasn't grumpy at all. Whereas if I had been eating cooked I'm sure I would have been wiping the floor with myself. No kidding, and probably anybody that crossed my path.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...