Sponsor

Sunday 9 December 2007

Green Goop

Exercise: Dancing
Food: Green pudding! (2 mangoes and a bag of mixed baby spinach, rocket and watercress), pint of freshly squeezed pineapple juice (lovely and pulpy), lara bars (key lime pie, cashew cookie, ginger snap and pecan pie, I know). Five bananas. Was out and about today, very wet and windy and bought some cashews. I didn't even want them, but managed to finish the whole pack. Now maybe I can apply the same perseverance to stuff I do want to do!!

Went dancing last night which carried over to 4am this morning, so counts as today's exercise. Yesterday had a green pudding of mango and baby spinach, and today mango and mixed greens. It was this pile of very dark very delicious green goop in a round white bowl. Personally I think baby spinach is the best green for a greenie (green smoothie) and mango the best fruit to go with it. So smooth and extremely nutritious. I know some people just love kale, I have to admit I haven't even bothered to try it yet, it just looks as tough as old curtains. Some like romaine, but it is quite watery so can dilute flavour. Whereas I find with the baby spinach it doesn't dilute the flavour, it enhances it. I sound like a green anorak. And just when I thought my Lara bar consumption was abating, I found out one of my local health stores, Victoria Health stocks them!! Like I need another reason.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...