Sponsor

Tuesday 4 December 2007

Rice, Potatoes, Nuts or Bananas?

Exercise: Yoga
Food: Green smoothie - (spinach, mango, banana) 6 small bananas, green salad - baby leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado, lara bars, strawberry, banana and pineapple juice smoothie.

I'm still eating from noon. This is established now. I am hungry enough to eat by then but I think waiting a couple more hours would make the eating experience even more fufilling. That might be a goal for 2008. Have managed to avoid eating after 9.30ish the past couple of days which is progress. I'd like this to eventually be pushed back to 7.30pm.

The Lara bars add a more substantive bite which I seem to need right now. And although for some combining fruit and nuts might not be the best fit, it's working for me. I think this is partly because the amounts of nuts and dates in each bar are relatively small, compared to say eating a bag of nuts/and or a bag of dates. The bars also contain clear nutritional data, so easy to track your consumption. Anyway I've bought some to take in to work. I'll let you know if the lovely cookies love the bars. A more beneficial and fun alternative to the inevitable rounds of mince pies and yule log!!

Fruit is my mainstay though. Bananas are to me now, what bread was to me some moons ago. I would always hoover up the bread basket if I was eating out at a restaurant, didn't matter how many slices or pieces were in there, I'd sort it out. And if you've read my previous posts you'll know that it is a miracle that I'm eating bananas at all, the fact that they are my staple continues to amaze and amuse me. God has a sense of humour.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...