Sponsor

Sunday 23 December 2007

Lara Bar Feedback

Water fast Day 2

Started yesterday, felt great. Went into town, plus did some errands locally. Today feeling more like I wanted to sleep, had a couple of appointments that took me out. And met briefly with a couple of friends in a bar after church. Had water obviously! But they ordered nuts too. And although I wasn't hungry they looked appealing! Need to up the water intake 1-2 pints every hour.

Got a great response from Lara Bars re the mouldy product. Am really chuffed about that because I really wanted them to live up to my expectations and they did. I've found out they are now sold at Sainsbury' s. I saw pecan pie, apple pie and ginger snap. My favourite was cashew cookie but think that's been usurped by ginger snap. http://www.iherb.com/ has great discounts if you want to buy in bulk.

Now it is generally understood that combining nuts and dried fruit 'aint great. So for those who are thinking that, what I'll say is this when you eat these you don't get the coating on the teeth you get when eating dates alone, and or large quantities of nuts, which is not that beneficial if you can't get to a toothbrush quick. This is probably because of the way the ingredients have been pulvarised. The packet is clearly labelled with nutritional info and calorie content so you can monitor your intake. So one bar is really going to be okay. Eating more than that will depend on your individual constitution, and whether you eat them in close proximity to other foods. I don't have a problem with them at all, I just try to have a very good intake of fresh fruit during the day to keep the numbers down! But these are great for transitioning and for something denser particularly in the colder months. The main thing is to eat or nibble them slowly (yes hard I know) and chew thoroughly as you should do with all food. The bars are great for sharing with cookies and rawies alike and can be a great conversation starter on raw. So pack a bundle to your Christmas day gathering, to help you (and maybe some others) pass on the crisps and chocs!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...