Sponsor

Friday 30 November 2007

How Much?

Exercise: Bodyweights
Food: Green Smoothie - spinach, mango and coconut, 5 small bananas, salad of green leaves (watercress, rocket and spinach) tomatoes and cucumber with pesto dressing. Ate at 1pm as I had meeting 11.30-1. Brought the bananas in because I knew I was going out in the evening. Smoothie at restaurant, later at home mango and coconut pudding, and five small bananas, and a little juice from the pineapple I juiced and put in the freezer, as the fruit was getting quite ripe.

Went to see 'Shibboleth' also know as the 'Crack' at the Tate Modern. Bought some pistachios and cashews (sold loose) on the way. Met friend at the Tate and perused the crack. I could right a thesis on the conversations that could be developed around it. One is the fine line between eating what we want and eating what benefits us. What we find (though not necessarily immediately) when eating raw, is that if we cross over the crack, eating what benefits us becomes eating what we want and vice versa.


After that went to the in-house restaurant, I said I wasn't eating as I had my salad at 4pm and had just had some nuts about 6pm. So friend ordered soup and I skimmed the menu and saw seasonal fruit smoothie. Asked if it was fresh no yoghurt etc. And waiter concurred, so I ordered. It was mandarin and guava, it was lovely, fragrant and tasty. But small. Served in a whisky tumbler glass, what's that about?

I have a pretty good idea of how much food to buy to get me through the week. It looks something like this about 8 bunches of bananas, 10 mangos, 1 bag of Spinach, 5 bags of mixed baby leaves, 1.5 boxes of pomodorino tomatoes (my favourite, delicious smell and taste), 2 cucumbers, 3 avocados (if using), a couple of pineapples (if 2for1 and then would reduce mangos), pineapples could be substituted by melons or oranges or berries. I may tweak things, but I know this amount will get me through. I have some nuts in the freezer and sometimes buy some on lunchbreak as snack. It's a great feeling. it's like when you are learning a new language and something kicks in, and you don't have to think about your words, they just come.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...