Sponsor

Friday 2 November 2007

Lies, Damned, Lies

Exercise: Pushups, general running around and up and down stairs
Food: 6 bananas, strawberry, pineapple and spinach green smoothie. Wasn't sure if it would work but it did. Salad - cucumber, tomato and avocado, with coriander dressing. Drink at bar orange and pineapple juice, and yes freshly squeezed too, woo hoo. Chomped on some almonds more than I wanted or needed even but hey ho.

I'm really getting on with this eating at noon thing. My body definitely appreciates it. And my very ripe bananas just taste so scrummy. I feel like I have to pinch myself. Because it is sooooo different from what I see in my day to day life now. At work there is just a constant stream of sugar and caffeine passing through, but more heart-breaking are the messages attached to it. 'I'm not worthy', 'I'll find love in this slice of cake', 'I'll go out and buy doughnuts, and then everyone will like me', 'I'll have some coffee for energy'. Once upon a time I bathed in that stream, one way or the other. Lies, damned lies.

But there is hope, I just have to look in the mirror to know that. And that's why I love writing this blog, it's like a black and white version of a new reality. And that's why I get excited when I find more lovely people doing this raw ride in their own unique way. I got a sweet message from the raw divas, check them out, the site is vibrant, sassy and real. www.therawdivas.com

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...