Sponsor

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Sleep 101

Exercise: Yoga
Food: 6 bananas, celery and mango smoothie, salad - baby leaves, avocado, pomodorino tomatoes with french dressing, some almonds.

I think I had about 3 hours sleep last night. I woke up okay but not completely refreshed, which in the main part was because I was nibbling on almonds up until I went to bed. I knew this wasn't a great decision to make but did it anyway. But it's good I learnt more. So basically my body was digesting them all night. Began to feel sleepy during the day but functioning very well. I noticed that when I am eating very low fat raw, basically the above without the almonds (I only use half a small avocado in my salads) I can sleep for four hours and I wake up refreshed and don't feel sleepy at all during the day. And I feel even better the next morning if the previous day had been productive on many levels ie used my time wisely. So lessons for me.
1. Don't eat up to the wire
2. Keep it low fat as much as possible
3. Living purposefully improves quality of sleep regardless of length of sleep

I may revise my no eating after 7pm because at the moment it does not seem to fit because of my many evening engagements. So maybe I will just stop eating after my late afternoon salad and see how I go. It's just a more easily recognisable cut off point in my current schedule. The reason I will try this is not to deny myself, but I actually don't feel hungry after that. But if in my experiment I feel the need to have something then I will.

Many people who eat raw (whatever amount) find their need for sleep decreases but it varies in amount, in fact for some it increases. I think this is linked to the state of your health when you start, how raw you go which is linked to how much cleansing will be taking place, plus your own unique sleep needs. I find I need more sleep particularly when doing extended fasting and I just go with it. It's not a competition, it's an ADVENTURE.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...