Sponsor

Sunday 25 November 2007

Flexible Goal-Setting

Exercise: Resting
Food: Water fast

After zooming around New York, plus all the other exciting stuff I've been doing over the past few weeks I've taken some time yesterday and today to dig deep spiritually. There are things that I need to do, but I don't want to lose sight of who I am called to be.

Right, I've decided that I'm going to introduce a new exercise programme, because the weather is not conducive to my running at the moment. I'll keep running on the weekends as much as I can. I'm learning the importance of asking myself what I'm really aiming for when I set a goal. One of my goals was to run outside everyday, and I have successfully achieved this until recently. I was getting a bit frustrated at being thwarted by the weather. So I had a think about the reasons behind that goal, and they are to get fresh air, start the day doing something life-enhancing, keeping physically fit. So in order to keep those elements, I'm going tweak my physical fitness activities, get fresh air every lunchtime (more, plus run at weekends), and start the day with prayer. Win, win.

Same thing with eating raw, work out your 'why' first. The 'how' will be different for different people and will change as your life changes. For example some people will start of eating partially raw or raw gourmet i.e. eating their previous cooked food menu but in raw form, but later on they may find their body doesn't like that anymore and their health may be impeded, or that they want to spend less time in the kitchen, or find that it is not an easy cuisine to travel with, so in that case remembering their 'why', they may then decide to eat gourmet or cooked at weekends or special occasions only, and begin to introduce simpler raw eating strategies to motor them towards their 'why'. Win, win.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...