Sponsor

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Banofee Pudding

Exercise: pushups and running up and down escalators
Food: 12 small bananas, mango, apple and spinach green smoothie, a few pistachios, salad - baby greens, avocado and tomato with coriander dressing. Banana and date smoothie. Had a bit of the orange juice I've squeezed for tomorrow. And found that I have three more tupperware boxes of almonds in the freezer, so picked a bit at those.

Now if you are someone who loves supersweet things, and gets mega craving for sugary stuff. You should try this. I got it into my head to blend some bananas (5) and some dates (125g) to see if it would be toffee-like. It was very sweet and very rich nutritionally. Tasted what I think Banoffee would taste like. It made one glass, imagine 5 bananas in one glass. Way too sweet for me so I added some water, and could have done with some ice cubes. Over ripe bananas are enough sweet for me. However this recipe would make a very rich dessert ideal for cooked foodie friends, if done to a thick consistency and put in fridge to chill. Or add water or coconut milk (Dr Martins raw) to a more liquidy consistency for a high energy smoothie. Or shock horror you could actually add some alcohol, for a raw creamy cocktail better than the out of the bottle stuff.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...