Sponsor

Sunday 11 November 2007

Be Prepared

Fri: Water fast
Sat: 11 very ripe bananas, salad of cherry tomatoes, celery, lettuce, spring onion and avocado, dates, pistachios, another salad of beetroot, carrot, lettuce and cucumber, and rest of the avocado, balsamic and olive oil dressing
Exercise: 4hrs of dancing non-stop
Sun: Water fast

Went away for the weekend as part of a course. So needed to plan ahead re my eating requirements. I'd been before so I knew there was a Marks and Spencer store nearby with a great range of salads, and a health shop too where I could gets nuts and dates if I wanted. Arrived on Friday evening and no meal provided ie expected to arrive after eating dinner so no problemo plus I was fasting. On Sat I had taken a whole load of bananas down with me, heavy but worth it. They were very ripe and just delicious. I was able to nip out in the coffee break on the Saturday to get a salad for lunch and an avocado. In the afternoon free time slot bought another salad to have with the other half of the avocado. And also bought some raw pistachios and dates from across the health shop on the other side of town. Broke my fast at 12 noon with the bananas. And had more bananas in the evening. The evening entertainment involved a disco so got a great workout too. Plus we were on the seafront. I had a great seaview from my room, and went for a lovely wander to inhale the crisp air.

So getting the food was very easy. Next challenge takingin my own food to the dining room and being 'different'. My strategy was to just to get on with it. Just pull out my salad and cut up my avocado like it was the most normal thing in the world. And that was exactly the response I got. At the first meal one of the other diners simply said, "oh you've got an M&S salad they're great". Next meal I got "you're really healthy, how come?" And I said "oh eating like this helps me be more me, and do what I need to do". He then told me he had become pescatarian because his girlfriend was a vegetarian. Another friend there decided not to have the dinner because she didn't want more 'meat, potato and two veg' fare. So went and bought a sandwhich, some oj and admittedly some brownies. But the point is people all around us are changing as best they can with what they know to make better choices for health. Exciting.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...