Sponsor

Wednesday 28 November 2007

Is It The Food That Is The Problem?

Exercise: Bodyweight exercises
Food: 12 noon, Six large bananas, 1pm pineapple and spinach green smoothie, two Lara bars, 4pm big green salad with tomatoes and cucumber (herby dressing), 7.30pm some pistachios, then plate of salad leaves mixed with grated carrot plus a couple of tiny potatoes, fruit salad, later at home porridge (banana and coconut)

Went to an evening event today that included dinner. They were serving mixed leaves as the side salad. I asked if I could just have salad, in an easy confident way, and offering no justifications. And the guy serving happily complied, asked for a couple of potatoes too. The leaves were shot through with carrot, and I popped some dressing on top. The salad was fresh and yummy. The potatoes were okay tasted like potato, a little flat. Think this is because I'm used to eating vibrant foods now. But I honestly preferred the salad and didn't feel I wanted more potato or anything else. And that felt good, and affirming.

I think with raw it is not so much the food that is an issue, because really you can eat all you like, and there is enough to choose from, you can do gourmet etc. And people do tend to see results fairly quickly. But I think it is more the social aspect particularly when you are not quite ready to 'come out', you're still establishing yourself and growing deep roots. So it is a case of avoid social gatherings for a while, or be prepared to ask for what you want, and answer questions that may arise. There are many ways to get round this

- I'm on a health kick right now for 60 days solid
- I'm vegan
- I had a huge lunch
- Or you can focus on the benefits, ie. I need less sleep when I eat this which is great as I really need the extra time
- Or if you want to eat some cooked go with that
- Or put cooked stuff on your plate but just leave it there. This may not work if you are battling cravings. You may end up hoovering the lot which is not great if that was not your intention.
- If possible go along with another 'rawie' or 'veggie' so the spotlight is not completely on you

I had a woo woo moment yesterday thinking is this how I'll eat now for the rest of my life? Wrong question, will I do all it takes to stay on the path to optimum health.... yes.

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I completely agree that you should have "ready made answers" to deal with people's questions or offerings of food. Very smart!

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw

Peach said...

Kristen thanks for your encouragement. Your site rocks!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...