Sponsor

Thursday 17 January 2008

Why?, Why?, Why?

Exercise: Bodyweights
Food: 300g Cherries, 400g grapes, 6 bananas, big salad of spinach and other baby leaves, alfalfa sprouts, peppers, cabbage, carrot, tomatoes, avocado. Then later I started on Lara bars.

Today I was on a course, nothing to do with nutrition or raw for that matter. The speaker referred to a book by Victor Frankel, a Jewish Psychiatrist. I can't remember the title. But the long and short of it is if you have a strong enough 'why' it will drive you to the right 'how' ie you have a compelling reason to find a way to do what you need to do.

I was so glad to hear this truth again. If you've followed this blog you'll know I've mentioned it before. I have struggled this week and it's not the food. It's because I'm stepping out in other areas of my life and so there is a lot of change, excitement .. and scariness. And so I start to do the old thing of reaching for food to damp down whatever I'm feeling ie nibbling on the tasting tables at Wholefoods, reaching for another Lara bar. Well I'm well aware of this now. So I choose to think of the 50 odd reasons why I eat raw, and just enough, and keeping it simple most of the time. It is very difficult to argue with 50 odd, one, two, three, even ten but not 50 odd. So when I stare those facts in the eyes, I have to decide in the light of the evidence where to take my leap of faith..the answer is obvious, if I personally want to live authentically.

And now I am applying that method to the other areas of my life where I am experiencing radical change. You can't experience change unless you are present, which means you will feel things, and that is okay, it means you're alive!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...