Sponsor

Friday 4 January 2008

Home Straight

Water Fast Day 13

Felt very weak. But got a lot done, did my accounts for Dec and organised 2008 budget. Went out briefly to the post office. It was very cold so glad to get back inside. Looking forward to breaking the fast.

Water Fast Day 14

Feeling very weak, stay in bed until the afternoon, and then go food (fruit) shopping with sis. I get a load of pineapples, mangoes, more bananas, little pomodorino tomatoes and loads of berries.

I break my fast around 6.30pm with some pineapple juice. Downed a bit too quickly. Then I had a few dates, which tasted exquisite. After that I blended the rest of the dates with a few bananas like a pudding. I was full. Stopped eating by 8pm and then had a bowel movement which was fine. I remember when I was a 'cookie' and fasted, I would break it with something like oatcakes and hoummous which never tasted like you remembered in your head, and my stomach would be bloated for three days before I was able to go to the loo. One time I had decided to get some bread and have it with coconut oil to break my fast (it was one of my favourite combos at the time). So at the appointed time I took my first bite but it didn't taste delicious so I just kept going hoping that the 'taste' would kick in, obviously it didn't! Instead my stomach was stretched to breaking point and I was in such agony. In desperation I juiced a whole head of broccoli and some carrots (not sure why!) which sent me to the loo for much needed relief.

Anyway back to today I've just thrown up the blended stuff (I know), I didn't make myself throw up, my body 'pulled the trigger' so that was too much for it. I'll know better tomorrow. Feel fine ;) In fact I just don't feel like I want to eat now ever again! That's what happens with a prolonged fast, it is very liberating to do without food for a while, although you look forward to when you will eat again. And then when you do, you miss the fasting state! Will prob stick to more watery fruits when I feel hungry such as mangos and berries, and give my system a chance to wake up ;) There is an art to breaking a fast, it is the transition from one way of being to another in a sense, while remaining the same.

I continue with a partial fast though as I won't be eating any overt fats until the 1 Feb.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...