Sponsor

Sunday 27 January 2008

Get Moving

Exercise: Run, escalators, bodyweight exercises
Food: Five bananas, couple handfuls of dates, green smoothie of mango, pear, spinach and papaya

Today was a 100% 80 10 10 day, no overt fats at all. Yesterday I went on my first run of the year and today my second! I have been playing the Eating for Excellent health CD and the Setting and Achieving Goals CD for only a couple of days. And I remember thinking on Friday I must go for a run tomorrow just like that, it wasn't on my mind but it was in my mind ;0. How cool is that. We are privileged with access to a great amount of knowledge and resource. It is a travesty not to use this to add value to our lives and the lives of others.

Well there is nothing like a good run to make you think about what you put in your mouth, if you don't want to feel like you're dragging along a lead balloon! It was great being out in the fresh air again. I will continue to run at weekends for now.

I can't remember who said it but possibly Dr Doug Graham, that you can't really do raw successfully if you don't get moving. The two go hand in hand. So it is really beneficial to get into the habit of doing some exercise daily assuming you are well enough and rested enough to do so.

Frederic Patenaude has a great article on his blog about how the importance of developing rituals to support any goal you want to successfully achieve. I actually think it is the best article I have read from him to date. Read below.

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/blog/?p=153

So basically to get exercise working for you,
- choose something you will do/enjoy
- Choose the time of day will you do it
- Make it very specific ie how long will you do it for/how many reps

Now you know exactly what exercise you will be doing, for how long and the precise time of day. Go exercise!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...