Sponsor

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Banana Ice Cream

Food: 6 bananas, Salad of house/deli leaves, sun-dried tomato, avocado, beetroot, carrot, cabbage, at home about 4 bananas and another 3 blended up with 1 mango and a sachet of acai pulp

I ate A LOT yesterday. It was like I was ravenous, bananas, green smoothie, 3 salads, cherries just non-stop. Today unsurprisingIy I didn't feel hungry so decided not to eat until later. Went and bought some bananas around 2.30pm and they were so yummy, because I was ready to eat (plus my system had emptied out). But even then I wasn't that hungry so just goes to show how a little hunger can make a difference. And that's what I want to develop this year my hunger muscle. So want to push off eating now until about 2pm but will eat earlier if definitely feel hungry.

I am also going to start my bodyweight exercises from tomorrow. I feel my body is ready to get moving again, and run at the weekends until the mornings get lighter.

Yes the title of this post, I was getting to it! Well I have discovered banana ice-cream, and I am sure that most people know this one already rawies and cookies. But remember I couldn't eat bananas until recently so it's new for me. I had loads of uber ripe bananas after my fast so I froze them. Well at the weekend I remembered them. So I just threw them in the Blendtech. Oh my it was like ice cream but proper all natural honest-to-goodness food. Blew me away. I did another batch with acai, and then another with blueberries. I just thought how completely blessed/spoilt am I?

Because when I went vegan I knew I would never eat dairy ice cream again. Some things you just know they are gone. It's not something you have to battle they are just out of your life for good. And ice cream was one of those things for me.

And then I discover this!!!!!!!!!! And these are foods/desserts that most people can relate to whatever their eating patterns.... And that's a great thing I want people to feel attracted to raw, not condemned by it... Including my humble self!!

You may have noticed I had avocado. I think I'm ready for the fat! But do want to keep it low. Avocado is my favourite raw plant fat. Not least because I would never want more than one a day! Can't say the same for nuts! Hope to phase nuts right down. But will have some if I want some, because my body certainly lets me know when I've 'crossed the threshold' anyway!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...