Sponsor

Monday 21 January 2008

Tall, Dark, and Green

Exercise: Bodyweight exercises, am also going dancing later
Food: Green salad with artichokes and tomatoes, 3 Lara bars, 4 bananas, and some potato chips! I am intentionally 100% raw pretty much most of the time. Very occasionally I nibble some cooked to see how I'm doing and sometimes because I want it, usually potato. But I seem to wake up soaked in sweat in the morning if I have starch and not a lot at that. I don't like bread anymore, I used to love it. I nibbled at some today, it came with my salad although I didn't order it, and yep it's gone (the draw) it is hard to imagine that I loved it so much. I was out of London on business and it was pouring with rain, windy and cold, it's good to know one's vulnerable moments!

My hankering for nuts seems to be on the wane too. I've also realised that with the cashew cookie Lara bar I seem to want to keep on eating them but don't get that with ginger snap and pecan pie. Is it because the cashews aren't truly raw? hmmm


Yesterday I had a whole bag of baby spinach in my green pudding (papaya, oj and mango). And this morning I notice my skin is particularly glowing. I think my body appreciates all the stuff that spinach has to offer. I remember also when I went vegan (unwittingly high raw) a few years I used to have a bunch of raw baby spinach with my potato and beans, and I noticed a marked difference in my skin then as well. Dark leafy greens, your body can definitely use them. Some people struggle eating their greens, but thankfully I absolutely love them, in smoothies, juices, salads, on their own!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...