Sponsor

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Your Ship Is Not Coming In

Food: 8 bananas, 1 OJ, green salad with spinach, cucumber, avocado, olives and tomatoes
Escalators: about 5 up and 5 down

Today's title is swiped from an email sent to me by Leo Quinn (his forte is debt and money management). It's one of those things you read and you experience a shift in consciousness. Read it for yourself:

That line comes from a new book I'm reading called The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
The message of the book is simple."Your ship is already in. It's docked and waiting."
"Everything you need to do to transform your life is easy to do. It's easy to become healthy, fit and vibrant. It's easy to become financially independent. It's easy to have a happy family and a life rich with meaningful friendships."


"Tapping into the slight edge means doing things that are easy. Simple little disciplines that, done consistently over time, will add up to the very biggest accomplishments.
It's easy to have everything you ever wanted in your life. Every action, you need to take to make any and all of your dreams come true is easy. So why is it, then, that the masses are unhappy, unhealthy, and financially bound?"


"Every action that any of these goals requires is easy to do. Here's the problem: every action that is easy to do, is also easy not to do."
"Why are these simple yet crucial things easy not to do? Because if you don't do them, they won't kill you... at least, not today. You won't suffer, or fail or blow it... today.
Something is easy not to do when it won't bankrupt you, destroy your career, ruin your relationships or wreck your health... today.


What's more, not doing it is usually more comfortable than doing it would be.
But that simple, seemingly insignificant error in judgment, compounded over time, will kill you. It will destroy you and ruin your chances for success. You can count on it. It's the slight edge.
That's the choice you face every day, every hour:


A simple, positive action, repeated over time. A simple error in judgment, repeated over time. You can always count on the slight edge. And unless you make it work for you, the slight edge will work against you."

I could go on and on quoting all the goodstuff from this book but I'll end with this...
"The single most important thing I can tellyou about the slight edge is this: it's already working, right now, either for you or againstyou. So don't wait."
"It's never too late to start. It's always too late to wait." Begin today.


Yesterday I broke my fast with some blended bananas and blueberries for 'raw' icecream. Wasn't particularly hungry but it was nice. I really could just juice forever, that's how I feel when I'm being very purposeful, just getting on with moving towards worthy goals. In fact it is much easier to fast even with just water than it is to eat a healthy, raw food diet. You might not believe me but it's true. The boundaries are very clear and the results are immediate and radical on the spiritual, mental and physical planes. Once you start chewing again, old mental associations with all different types of food start to show up, although I have noticed the longer I have practised fasting the less their hold.

Anyway I popped into the Fine Burger Co. on my way back from town as they had some new salads on the menu, I got the avocado one without the bacon. Only I got lambasted by the smell of chips and the mental 'taste' kicked in. So I bought some and put one in my mouth it tasted foul, I tried again not sure why I was expecting a different result but evidently I was, it tasted worse. That is the thing I have always found when breaking a fast only raw fresh fruit and veg tastes as it should, everything else tastes like some sort of cardboard with added salt etc. So chucked them in the bin and bought some freshly squeezed oj which tasted wonderful, and put the salad in the fridge. Definitely a message there.

Was out of town on business today. So just ate bananas and bought some oj at Camden Food Company at the train station. Even though I didn't want anything else I started to hover over the flapjacks! It was the old mental memories again. And then I remembered Leo's email, and just said to myself 'the slight edge'.

When I got home I had the FBC salad with a few olives added. It was delicious and well worth waiting for. Salads always taste even yummier when someone else has done the prep work! And I felt proud of the 'little thing' I had done.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...