Sponsor

Thursday 13 March 2008

Tender Loving Care

Exercise: Escalators
Juice (lent): apple/pineapple/spinach and lime juice; orange/spinach juice and coconut/pineapple/apple and orang juice

I got the coconut combo juice from Crush which is a really cool juice bar but am finding that bought squeezed juices just don't taste the same as the ones I prepare at home. Okay I know that is hardly a revelation. Humour me I'm thinking out loud.

The escalator habit has kicked in, I can't stand still on an escalator anymore. Of course going down is easy but going up is a whole different ball game. But now I always climb up, I think last saturday I did four and that's after a run and bodyweight exercises. The escalators are great for me because I don't have to make time for them, they are already a part of my life, I'm just leveraging them for my fitness goals!

It was my birthday on Mother's Day, but was a very low-key. So I have decided that I am having some belated birthday TLC, afterall you only get one a year, well unless you're the queen. So I have back-ordered all 20 back copies of Living Nutrition magazine (now re-named vibrance) www.livingnutrition.com and look forward to delving in. Plus I have been given a Vogue subscription as a gift. Vogue has always been my favourite women's magazine. The writing is top quality and there's the photography, the clothes. It's just another form of art. I never cease to be amazed what people can do with a bit of fabric! I just love absorbing it all, it's not about accumulating stuff, although the option to acquire is always there! I did buy myself a lovely floral vintage dress for my birthday. It's so different and brings a big smile to my face when I wear it, and some admirers too! I have also been treated to an Elle magazine subscription, my second favourite fashion mag, young, street and very British. So I think my twin passions (not strictly true there are a few more) of food and fashion are covered.

Not quite!

I have also bulk bought some cases of Dr Martin's Coco milk for when I fancy an especially yummy smoothie or for adding to banana ice-cream. http://www.dr-martins.at/home.php And the last thing is I am going to order myself an all-natural scrummy raw birthday cake from Raw fairies! www.rawfairies.com once I'm back on solids again.

That's what you call TLC and it starts at home. Look after yourselves now.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...