Sponsor

Sunday 30 September 2007

Water-logged

Exercise: Push-ups
Food: Dates around noon when I got up, then banana and mango pudding (2 portions!) I use 2 bananas to one mango. The trick is not to over-blend so that is nice and thick and filling. Some dates. I was out and about today (ate one apple, and a 75g pistachios) and this evening wondered why I was feeling hungry. And realised I hadn't eaten that much. So had five bananas. I don't eat many nuts these days. I tend to prefer avocados on the whole for my fat intake. I eat half an avocado in my salads and occasionally one whole one. But am thinking of ordering some raw cashews for a treat from www.detoxyourworld. And am waiting to see if I can order some fresh raw nuts from the inspirational Nora Lenz of www.rawschool.com

My period arrived today. I don't get cramps or any pains. Never did, only the occasional feeling that something was 'shifting'. But only on the first day if it happened and not uncomfortable. But I did get serious water retention. And today I notice my breasts are quite swollen. Wouldn't be noticeable to the external eye but they are definitely the heaviest they've been this year. I think this due to the salt in the sun-dried tomatoes etc. My emotional poise has been good.

Had a chat today with a friend about my raw journey. She is not raw herself but health aware and a seeker. She is very supportive and asks questions in a non-defensive or insecure manner. And I really appreciate that. Because this is sooo different to mainstream thinking and sometimes even though I know I'm not the only one treading this exciting path, it can feel like I'm an alien! And it's nice to not always have to shore oneself up to deal with the bombardment of opinions, well-meant but misguided advice, insecurities and the rest;) I admire couples and families who are embarking on the journey together or who at least are not a stumbling block to the raw adventurer in their midst.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...