Sponsor

Monday 24 September 2007

Four Legs Good Two Legs Bad

No, this post isn't about Animal Farm. I just wanted to make the point that it isn't simply a matter of raw food good and cooked food bad. Cooked food invariably has to be cooked by someone, some company, some country etc to make it cooked, non? We always have choices, sometimes hard, sometimes easy, what informs yours?

Exercise: push ups and leg exercises
Food: Had dates first thing, did not strictly speaking feel hungry when I ate them, but period is due so just going with it for now.
Had eight bananas mid morning.
Lunch was a small green salad with beetroot, baby leaves, cherry tomatoes and avocado. It was delicious. Another miracle is that I eat raw tomatoes only started last Friday. I used to hate them before and was praying that after my last fast things would be realigned and I would enjoy them and I do! Was still hungry so went and bought another salad - leaves, sun-dried tomato, basil, a bit of cabbage and carrot, they had run out of avocado salsa, so put a few olives in. But I got rid of them back at work and bought an avocado from a little fruit and veg shop. So great when you get what you desire. Used half and put the rest in the fridge at work.
In the evening had some more dates, and canteloupe milk (no actual milk!), canteloupe whizzed up with some raw honey.

Some people do not use honey so go with your conscience on this. I find it is best to keep an open mind as much as is possible. Because on this raw journey, and indeed life's journey we are constantly learning (or should be!) so we need to be able to abandon old beliefs and gather up new ones as we pursue truth.

I made my salad for tomorrow. It just smelled so good, and the bowl I mixed it up in is beautiful, It's huge, stainless steel with a moulded rim. I love great design. I stood there looking at the salad in the bowl and thought to myself what a stunning sight, I felt like I was offering up an act of worship to God. What a privilege to be able to put his provision to good use.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...