Sponsor

Sunday 23 September 2007

I Eat Raw

I started eating raw about four and a half years ago, when I started eating vegan. Although at the time I didn't realise I was eating 'raw' or 'high raw' and the significance for my health. More about how I came to eat a vegan type diet will come later....

My main reason for getting this blog started is to be able to talk about health, raw food etc without boring my friends silly! I love everything to do with health and wholeness. I will record what I eat daily. It helps me keep a log that I can track over time and hopefully it will be of help and interest to you.

Sat Sept 22 2007
Exercise: Went for run and pushups
Food: Canteloupe milk smoothie, just delicious creamy and sweet without the cow stuff! - a whole melon and no added water. I put in a tablespoon of raw honey (optional).

Early afternoon, a lot of organic Deglet Noor dates, a pineapple and strawberry smoothie. Deglet Noor dates are my favourite so far. They are a little bit nutty and not too sweet. I find Medjools very sweet, same with Halawis although I can eat them. Look forward to trying some other varieties.

Early evening, we were on the road, so made the most of it. I had packed a little salad of baby leaves, fresh tomato and avocado but by that time was ravenous and needed some urgent additions. Picked up some antipasti, sun-blushed tomatoes, mushrooms, and an edamame/greens salad from EAT, mixed everything up and then ate it all up! Felt deliciously full but light at the same time.

Had some more dates later at home with, lots of water and lemon.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...