Sponsor

Saturday 24 May 2008

Yoga

Exercise: Yoga, escalators and run
Food: Oj, 3 bananas, green salad with avocado, cashews and a few dates

Am doing a yoga and meditation weekend today and tomorrow. It was so lovely the centre is in Oakwood, so tonnes of greenery and what a gorgeous, delicious sunny day today!!

Giovanni (who looks like George Clooney with Mel Gibson's eyes, true! Serious potential for lookalike work there) guided us humorously and sensitively through four sessions of meditation interspersed with yoga stretches and poses.
http://www.rolfing-yoga.com/flash1.html
http://www.wccmretreatcentre.org.uk/

I'm really enjoying getting into meditation, just being present. Felt very detached afterwards but in a good way, just being in the midst of everything. The day ran from 10 to 5 with break for lunch and a wander. Lunch was a mix of vegetarian and vegan fare.

I felt light and floaty at the end so despite being out the whole day, then doing two trips for food shopping, I felt compelled to go for an evening run. And it was just the right conditions, cool and breezy!

Have noticed yesterday (off work) and today that I'm not eating as much but not sure if this is a trend yet, because when I'm not at work ie doing the things that I really, really want to do, food moves down the agenda. I was thinking that lots of people I come across don't like their jobs or are feeling unfulfilled. Which means they must be living off purpose, so is it any wonder we are eating off purpose too?

Anyhoo will see how I go. I may be moving to a new level in my raw journey. Haven't craved anything this past week, seems chips may have fallen off the 'attachments' list completely. Was going to get some edamame on Friday and I felt a check in my body like it didn't want that. It was very subtle but immediately turned round thinking 'no don't want that'. At another time I might get a go ahead signal. In a similar vein I had some nuts this evening and felt like I had enough, then went back and had some more although not a lot. But I felt that check, although I ignored it!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...