Sponsor

Sunday 11 May 2008

Why Do You Do What You Do?

Exercise: Walking (yesterday running and dancing)
Food: Green smoothie (mango and spinach), box of grapes, 3 bananas, bought salad (leaves, peas, sweetcorn, avocado, sun-dried tomato), a small packet of pistachio nuts, some dates

Yesterday I went to Vita organic restaurant in Soho, I had a selection of salads and orange juice. The oj was delicious, the salads were okay not inspired. They had a raw choc cake for dessert. I'm not keen on raw choc, probably because although I used to eat it, choc was not a mainstay. In the end decided to have it and I definitely didn't like it. It was so bitter and full of nibs and started getting a headache. Some people really do love this stuff but I'm not sure it serves my highest good! I've been looking at some anecdotal evidence and it seems raw choc can never be truly raw plus all the other stuff it contains. So we're eating it for the taste (or not!) like most things then;) But if that's the case is it heresy to say I would prefer a square of the regular, fair-trade kind??


I love the re-development of St Pancras station, (and my pleaure is heightened by the presence of chopp'd, a chic salad bar. The original one is in Leadenhall Market and a new bar opened about a month or so ago in Spitafields) it is so bright and airy with beautiful shopfronts, the glamour of being the start of a journey into Paris via Eurostar, but also a solid departure point for places in the East Midlands amongst others. I love the big wooden doorways that connect it to Kings Cross, it's a bit like stepping into another city even though both stations are side by side.

I made my raw hummous but not sure about it so it's in the freezer! Meanwhile as the temps soar, banana ice cream is hitting the spot!

As you know I am working through 'Life on Purpose' by Brad Swift. I can't really rave about this book enough. I think it is in my top three of all time inspiring books and that is saying something as I've read plenty of fab books, plus I haven't actually finished it yet! I've been on a break ;) but ready to pick it up again. The interlude has been very useful in allowing things to soak in. There was an excellent feature in the 'life on purpose' ezine. Read at the blog here It's one to read over and over. And the principles can be applied to the raw food lifestyle and other ways we choose to eat.
http://www.lifeonpurposeblog.com/

I'm seriously considering signing up to their latest purpose project - purposeful prosperity....

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...