Sponsor

Saturday 3 May 2008

Present And Correct

Exercise: Run, escalators, and a tonne of walking
Food: mango and pear smoothie, 3 bananas, some dates, 2 salads of mixed leaves with either peppers, sweetcorn, cabbage and onion or beetroot, carrot and cucumber

I processed some semi-dried tomatoes (from Spitalfields) with a little olive oil to use as dressing, the tomatoes tasted gorgeous. Although the salads weren't quite right a little cold methinks.

Glad to be out in the fresh air running, and marvellous weather for it too. Not sure I would be up to it feeling the effect of tuesday's yoga's class which was all about the legs, and still building strength. Although have a definite inner strength. The message for me at the moment is very obviously 'be present'.

So I visualised doing my run and just enjoyed each 'step' as I went not worrying about how far I'd done or how far to go, and it was blissful, almost timeless.

I've been motoring through my back copies of 'Living Nutrition' and I've read at least three articles about 'being present' in one form or another!

Ways to be present

- Look at the person you are talking too
- When you eat, savour each mouthful, note how you are feeling, look at the colours,
- Smile
- Let past 'stories' be that, create new stories now
- Use language creatively and lovingly
- Spend time in nature (even if it's a walk down your road!) and focus on all that surrounds you
- Be forever grateful

This bit is from an article by Happy Oasis in Vol 19, 2007 Living Nutrition mag
reframing statements from a negative to a positive


- What's wrong? What's happening?
- Are you ill? How are you feeling?
- I don't want to get sick I aim to be healthier than ever
- Life is suffering Life is so precious, brimming with gifts
- It's freezing outside Invigorating isn't it?
- Feeling lousy I'm feeling a little less than fabulous
- Don't worry Have faith
- Don't shout Shall we whisper? Wonderful!
- I don't want to I prefer
- I won't I'd rather
- I hate I appreciate
- I hate rain Rain is beautiful
- You can't win The adventure continues

Genius!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...