Sponsor

Friday 9 May 2008

Playing Gourmet

Food: 4 bananas, mango and spinach smoothie, quite a few almonds, salad of celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and mushroom marinated in raw pesto, later on a mixed salad of deli leaves, sundried tomatoes, peas, sweetcorn, pine nut and pesto dressing, edamame and later some dates and super cold banana ice-cream!
Exercise: Escalators

My chickpeas are sprouting! I have no idea whether I will enjoy the raw houmous I'm going to make but I love the fact they are sprouting, something about seeing something grow. I do realise I will be pulversing them in the food processor at some point!

I have a pasta nozzle for my juicer so decided to run a courgette through to see if I could make veggie spaghetti. That didn't work there was courgette juice spraying out all over the place...nice. So just cut it julienne myself marinate in pesto with mushrooms. It tasted yummy and great textures. Felt quite proud of myself. Will be using mushrooms more in my menu now.

I took a friend to Saf restaurant this week and she loved it. She had the Buddha Bowl - jasmine rice and tofu (cooked) and Apple cheesecake made with cashews. The cheesecake is a serious high point! I had some nuts and olives, seaweed salad and the cheesecake! But we both felt light as we were leaving.

Yesterday had some houmous and mushrooms in houmous bar, this morning I noticed my emotional poise had been seriously diminished! The link for me seems to be getting ever stronger. Harmony........

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...