Sponsor

Monday 11 February 2008

Full Up On Life

Exercise: Escalators, bodyweights
Food: 7 bananas, a box of cherries, green smoothie (spinach, mango, pear and pea shoots), Innocent smoothie (banana, coconuts and pineapple)

I had a really lovely weekend. Saturday was like a glorious summer day in the middle of February. I went for a run and got asked out on a date! Later visited the Tate Modern and browsed the Materials and Gestures exhibits, a mixture of paintings and sculptures and a couple of video installations. I love the Tate Modern for the sheer size of it, all that space and uber-high ceilings.

Part of the plan was to take myself off to a cafe or somewhere to do some work with my 'Life on Purpose' Book by Brad Swift. So I sat in the equally spacious Leon restaurant, I could watch people go by through the glass frontage and work through the book. I'm loving it, and it was a good idea to work in a different environment. Had a couple of major dawning realisations which were incredibly liberating. Made a note of some of my core values to go and check what the dictionary definitions for them were. You know how you think you know what something means? But usually there's even more to be revealed.

Began to be overwhelmed by lovely cooking smells, which seemed in stark contrast to the bananas and water I was consuming, but in a weird contradictory way I was enjoying both.

I think the crux of this post is that I am understanding the more we are purposeful and fufilled in life, the less the pull towards addictions and escapism. Because life is so much fun, challenges and all.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...