Sponsor

Thursday 5 June 2008

Everyone Needs Compassion

Exercise: Escalators
Food: 8 bananas, fresh Oj, cashew nuts mixed salad with carrot, leaves, avocado, sundried tomato and sweetcorn, a handful of dates a few hours after the salad

Deep down I know that it would have been a good to fast today. I wasn't feeling hungry and felt my body could do with a rest especially as I had quite a few cashew nuts which needed to be fully digested.

Did I then fast, heck no, I carried on business as usual. I soon felt the consequences, my body certainly didn't want the cashews. And I could feel it trying to get equilibrium! A couple of loo visits and everything was fine!

There is a quote that goes something like, "Greatness is being courteous and kind to everyone especially when there is no apparent benefit".

And I was thinking it would be lovely if we could be kind to ourselves as well, not just how we treat our spirit, mind and body i.e. what we eat , how we move around etc but also when we mess up and make the wrong choice. Like me today! Compassion brings hope. So let's be kind to ourselves so we can be kind to others.

We are the revolution..

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...