Sponsor

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Ebbs and Flows

Food: 10 bananas, some dates, salad of leaves, carrot, sweetcorn and avocado, a large handful of cashews and almonds
Exercise: Escalators and brisk walking

Before last night I hadn't eaten a banana for about five or six days, basically because I had to wait for them to ripen! So I found I was eating less fruit say in a day some grapes, a salad and some nuts. But was feeling tired in the mornings and less inclined to run. Was on period too but doesn't affect my running. Last night had quite a few bananas. And today I felt more energised. I need more fruit than salads/nuts to maintain a good equilibrium. Although sometimes I want lots of salads that I can just chew and chew. I go with it for as long as I need to. The principle is natural biologically appropriate foods, but the detail for each individual will be different and will change over time as our bodies get stronger, our needs change and we improve the rest of our lifestyle.

I like bananas and dates as my staples. Others prefer citrus or apples and pears. I also enjoy eating big bunches of grapes particularly if I'm out and about as they also help quench my thirst. I'm also loving pineapple and orange juice. I don't really eat pineapple cut up, not that I don't but I much prefer it juiced and the same for oranges. If I could have only one thing it would be fresh orange juice.

I've gone off tomatoes for a while. But drawn to a carrot/lettuce mix after Italy. And have had a break from spinach. I also cooled off mangoes but have some organic ones ripening for later in the week. Previously I'd pretty much abandoned carrots.

That's the beauty of eating this way, you can eat very simply and get abundant nutrition. You just eat what you're drawn to within the principle of natural eating.

We don't really have to worry about nutrient content of foods we would just eat what are bodies are designed to eat. Animals don't check they are getting enough protein they just eat within the boundaries of their design and hunger. But we do have the benefit of scientific study which only confirms time and time again the importance of more fruit and veg in the diet.

Hmmmm....think about it.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...