Sponsor

Friday 10 September 2010

Greens Mean Lean

As you can see I've been playing with the design keeping things fresh! Which segues nicely into today's subject, greens. Fact: There isn't a one size fits all diet. Fact: Nutrient density is major key in maintaining and keeping a lean strong and healthy body. I eat spinach, and seaweed like they're going out of fashion!

One food group (I call it a food group) to punch above it's weight in providing nutrients per calorie are the family green..spinach, kale, chard, lettuce, celery and so on. Whatever your way of eating if you start to add greens to your daily meals, you will very quickly see a change in your hunger patterns and body shape and more. Feel free to eat in a way that suits your body e.g raw soups, heated soups, salads, smoothies and wraps etc.

When you don't have access to fresh greens due to lifestyle e,g, travel or seasonality there are some excellent green powders around.   I use Amazing Grass (new sponsor of my blog) please check out the links, I have used both the green, and the choc version. I add it to my kefir for turbo charged raw nutrition. http://www.lovekefir.com/

I remember way back when I started to add a handful of raw spinach to my jacket potato and beans. My skin became super soft. And I now have a big green soup of seasonal veg practically every day! Would love to hear about your green adventures too.

If you live in North London check out Farm-Direct http://www.farm-direct.com/
I stumbled across them on my wanderings last year. I was walking along and spotted this sign I turned into the side road and there they were. They offer an online service to a number of North London postcodes, and they also hold a lot of produce that you can buy direct from them. Check out the website both it, and the fresh food shown is beautiful.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

London lass, urban dweller, raw adventurer, nature-lover, much travelled, truth-seeker ...